Friday 25 May 2012

2 weeks back in the states! and the start of SECOND year

I realize that I haven't blogged in quite a while.  SO....here is my first blog of THIRD semester vet school (or better yet SECOND YEAR OF VETERINARY SCHOOL!)  Ok now that I have that excitement out of the way I'lll tell you a little about what has gone on since my last blog.

I was home in the states for 2 weeks and the time flew by very fast but it was really quite a great and joyful visit.  While I was home I went to visit the Riverbanks Botanical Gardens and meet with the wedding coordinator there.  Patrick and Mom had already visited a few months back but it was now my turn to see it!  I LOVED IT!!!!!  So it is official, we are getting married at Riverbanks Botanical Gardens! I think it is the PERFECT location for us for so many reasons, very "us".  While I was home Patrick was also able to get a lot of time off which was really nice to spend some great quality time together.

We had several family get togethers in the short two weeks and I really enjoyed getting to fellowship with extended family as well.  For mother's day Mom had everyone over to the house and I got to skype with my Grandmother, Linda, and Aunt Mary for the first time!  I think they all thought it was the neatest thing.  Not sure Granny knew what to think about it through haha.

The other highlight of my trip home was eating at COWBOYS!!!!  Paul and Caroline met us there for dinner one night.  I wish we got to visit with them more often :(  Cowboys is a brazilian steakhouse on Main Street in Columbia and I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone!  First of all they have a wonderful salad bar with some of the best caesar salad, shrimp, alfredo broccoli, and bunches of other good stuff.  Then they bring around slabs of meat on big stick type things ( I am awful at describing this) and cut the meat right off onto your plate.  The garlic beef was my favorite!  We were wondering what made it a "brazilian" steakhouse, so we asked.  Apparently the meat comes from Brazil and the way in which it is cooked classifies it as brazilian.  They use no spices or marinades in the cooking process and the meat is very very flavorful  and juicy.  Patrick had rehearsal after dinner so Caroline and I went to meet Emily for ICECREAM!!! and no boys allowed haha.  It was very nice "girl time".   I miss all my girlfriends tons from back home.  Christin and I also got to have dinner a few times while I was home; our usual bonefish appetizer, split the entree, and brownie for dessert =)

The last point that I will write for now (because I really probably should be paying attention in pathology class right now - current topic is thrombus) is that we moved to our new apartment on the island and LOVE IT!!! NO BUGS and we don't even have to use our air because we get a fabulous breeze.

Hope everyone has a lovely three day weekend.  I will be busy preparing for my first round of exams and no I don't get Monday off from school :(

Love,

Natalie

3 comments:

  1. i can't think of a more perfect location for you than riverbanks! so happy that you are so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellye!!! We are so excited about it =) Patrick and I both FELL IN LOVE with the location immediately. He couldn't wait to hear my reaction after I met with the lady while I was home (unfortunately he had to work that day but mom and dad and I went). Miss you tons :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and the best part is that the money they make on the wedding (like the rental fee) actually goes to help feed the animals! Again TOTALLY PERFECT!!! Can you tell I am excited lol

    ReplyDelete