Saturday 10 March 2012

Life - and it's wonderful journeys

Several people have been telling me I "need" to start a blog and that they would really like to read it, SO...here is my blog.

For my first post I would like to simply do some reflecting.  If you had told me a year ago I would be where I am right now I would have laughed in your face.  It is funny how life does that to us sometimes.  But here I find my self on this tiny island studying and stressing myself beyond believe somedays all for a little something I like to call veterinary medicine.  A year ago I would have thought I would have been attend UGA for veterinary school and still single and enjoying plenty of time with my family.  Instead I got something much greater!  I got accepted to Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (and have been given the opportunity of a lifetime), got engaged to my best friend and most supportive, wonderful, loving, most perfect man for me and I can't wait to start our lives together, moved to the island of St. Kitts and essentially had my world turned upside down.

My life may not be exactly where I thought it would have been but it is better and more enriched than I could ever have imagined.  So instead of being at UGA in the states with family and friends I got sent here, to St. Kitts to attend Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine, I left my family and friends and Fiance back thousands of miles away in the states.  And I couldn't be more blessed.

Being here on the island has challenged me in so many ways (not to mention being a veterinary student).  It has made my faith and relationship with God so much stronger, brought new dynamics to mine and Patrick's relationship and only made us closer and stronger, made me a stronger person, taught me patience (believe it or not), and just a little bit of veterinary medicine on the side.  It is very tough being gone from home but what makes it a million times easier is knowing that I have my wonderful family and friends back home supporting me all the way and cheering me on.  I am so grateful and thankful not only for my parents and Patrick but also for my girlfriends back home (Christin, Georgie, Caroline, Emily) and all the other people that send love and thoughts my way.  My parents tell me all the time about people who ask how I am doing and who are praying and thinking about me.  You just couldn't imagine how encouraging that is.

Well it's back to the life of a vet student.  It's 10:30 and I am officially heading to the anatomy lab for a few hours to work on canine and equine skulls on a saturday morning.  I hope to keep this blog somewhat updated with everything going on with vet school and that crazy thing we call life.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and in the mean time I will be learning how to help your animals in the future :)

God Bless.

Natalie

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy to be reading all of this! miss and love you and always praying for you! (and always so proud of you!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kellye!!! you have no idea how much it means to me to know I have people back home thinking about me and rooting for me =) miss you so much and hopefully we can visit while i am home in April.

    ReplyDelete